20 Oct 2009

Not quite how we imagined..

Ok, the story I promised... 
I realised after I had posted the layout the first time that the title of it (not the title of the post, the two lines picked from the song) can make it seem like a very depressing layout, but it does have a happy ending.
Two days after my baby boy was born was diagnosed with appendicitis and had to have my appendix removed. Only day after giving birth (normally with any complications – except for losing a bit too much blood) I got a fever, started throwing up and had severe stomach pains. 

Two days after, one day before we were supposed to go home, I was “readmitted”. Sondre had to go home and our little baby boy was sent to a different ward. As I lay in bed that night awaiting surgery, all alone, only two days after becoming a mum; I texted Sondre two lines from a well known Norwegian song. Loosely translated it means ‘this isn’t how we pictured this would be’. I knew that one should never expect anything giving birth for the first time, and it will never be anywhere near how you imagine it to be, but this, well, I never imagined it would end up that way.

I soon started thinking about a therapeutic scrapbook layout I would create as soon as I started scrapping again. Some weeks ago Scrapping the music – In Norwegian had the song, that those two lines were from, as their challenge for this month. I knew I had to get this layout done and submit it. And here it is :) The paper roll on the left side holds the story of what happened and how we managed to cope with the following weeks (as my husband left for work – offshore – only a week after I was back home..)
Well, thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. Åh! Begynner å grine jeg nå! Uff - for en kjedelig start på det nye livet som mamma. Men så er jeg også så letta over at det ikke var noe "verre". Har tenkt så mye på denne sia jeg så det opprinnelige innlegget ditt.
    Du har uansett laget en nydelig dokumentasjon på en litt kiip historie. Arthur vil sikkert sette pris på at du har dokumentert den siden også:)
    Sender deg en klem jeg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tusen takk :) Jeg så jo at mye fælte kunne leses inn i en slik tittel, men kunne ikke lagt den annerledes allikevel. Det var di to strofene som best beskrev de dagene på sykehuset. Mannen ble sendt hjem og vi ble igjen, hver for oss. Men tida etter har bare vært fryd og gammen! Vi har en herlig, liten, kjempesnill gutt :D

    ReplyDelete