16 Sept 2009

Venezia

We were in Venice last year as part of our honeymoon. We got married in June and in July we went to Italy by car. We stayed in Lido di Jesolo, and as it is so close to Venice we had to spend a day there as well. My ‘Venice-curse’ struck again and I was ill and did not enjoy the city as much as I could have. It was my fourth time in Venice, and I’ve been ill every single time!


This layout was made for a lift-challenge in ScrapShop's forum. We were to lift Elisabeth LO, a gorgeous one made with her dog. I saw this as an opportunity to work on my honeymoon album. The photo was taken from some bridge and slightly edited by a friend of mine.
I’ve torn the edges of the photo a bit with a foot file, the light-coloured paper I’ve torn the edges off and then painted. The flowers are painted with crackle paint and then inked with ‘Tattered Rose’ distress ink. The masks are coloured with perfect pearls. Here is a complete list of what I’ve used:
Paper: ‘Rue – Old Fashioned’ by Dream Street
Papers Font: Unchanged Thoughts
Flowers: ’Base’-flowers from Nille, other flowers  from Prima, roses from ScrapShop
Teardrops from Fiskars/Cloud9 Design
Charm is from Imaginisce
Felt strip from Prima

No comments:

Post a Comment